La-Just couldn't cut it...



“On August 27, 2011, after many twist and turns, The World Taekwondo Federation terminated the contract that certified LaJust as a recognized brand by the WTF. Therefore, the Daedo PSS remains as the only official system.”

This just goes to show that big business is in everything. At the end of the day TKD is still about the bottom line. I don’t have a school; I have a school of thought. I was raised by some amazing martial artist and a mind that roamed free. In my martial arts journey I have done TKD, Karate, kick boxing, BJJ, misc. militant style trainings e.g. Krav Maga, Wing Chung, boxing and fencing. I’m not taking into account the hundreds of videos I have watched on all sorts of martial arts.

At the end of the day, all I ever noticed was that it did not matter, bills had to be paid. Rent was key at the TKD school, it was fundraiser this and DIY that, the boxing gym was the most interesting…and questionable. I don’t ascribe to that style of thought though; I really just love the training aspect. The philosophy and the theory, the discussions of a culture’s history and the ever so over flowing cup of opinions I possess.

It’s hard for me to harp on the WTF for switching, and being completely political, when the ITF has behaved in the same fashion since I have been a part of it. TKD, like anything else, is really political and extremely competitive, and not just on the mat. The financial side of things is sometimes more brutal than the kicks to the face. Just look at the way the UFC has gobbled up their competition and the way ITF split into three. It’s all just a perpetual juxtapose of position and political posturing for power, but it’s also what keeps TKD in the limelight. One more thing to talk about I guess.

Out with the old and in with the new, fencing has already seen this shift. Money in the end wins on the global stage, and in this case Daedo was, for the money, willing to do a better job. Time will tell if the WTF made the right decision until then keep kicking, because that’s all that matters.


Old: http://www.lajustsports.com/default.aspx

New: http://www.daedo.com/shop02/skin/shop.php


Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kick above the belt.