Elbow Strike Debate

Here is a well put together article on the MMA's current fondness of the elbow strike. I believe the elbow should stay, I even think it should be allowed in ways it was banned. If you are going to be a mixed martial arts champion then you have to be able to use all your tools. I don't want to see the second best vs the second best. I want to see the best of the best, and if you're the best of them, then you have to know what might happen. That's the nature of the sport. TKD started outlawing the moves that made the art, and now we are left with loud yells and keyops, people fully padded and hugged up, and punches only allowed to the body. When Bruce Lee said,"Be like water", I don't think he was talking about the dilution of a sport.


http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/19/3164850/elbows-in-mma


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kick above the belt.