North Korea Practices ITF TaeKwonDo



In an earlier commentary of mine, earlier on my blog, I made reference to a comment a Grand Master, and Pioneer made as to who has better TKD. North Koreans or South Koreans, to which he controversially answered the North does.
Why is that so surprising? Who would typically have better… whatever; the kid who is forced to do his homework or the kid that gets to choose, the athlete that has mandatory practice or the one that can come and go as they please. Simply put they have better TKD, in my opinion because they have no choice. Besides, what kind of TKD is being inquired? Because if it’s sport then they probably don’t, but if it’s fighting style then I don’t think they are given the option to have weak TKD. 
So with that all aside I find it interesting to find, and I have known this for a long time, that the North Koreans are practicing ITF.
ITF, the dreaded front foot fighter, the fighter that keeps their hands in a boxing stance, the fighter that knows every kick in the book and can execute them we perfect timing. (That is defiantly subject to the fighter) Make no mistake although you may read this in a sarcastic tone I tell you the truth… a master ITF trained fighter, well versed in timing and execution, would annihilate the best the world has to offer in WTF.
It’s more than a sport to them, it’s more than drills to them, its timing, it’s perfection of technique, It’s knowing your opponent. Unfortunately the world is scarce on true Masters of ITF. All Hybrid fighters that ever become anything in the sport of TKD know WTF style, but how many WTF stylistics know ITF?
My point exactly. If you think you do then you’re the exception, and I know exceptions are out there, just as not every ITF fighter is awesome. All I conclude with is this; North Korea trains ITF because it’s real. It’s not wrapped up in Confucianism, but instead it’s about combat. I love the Poomsae but compared to the Tuls, they are nowhere near as aggressive.
I love TKD and respect both sides, so don’t read this the wrong way.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are drinking the ITF kool aid. Nothing you said can be proved and is just your biased opinion. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

Kick above the belt.