Extra "Do" Please.

I was asked the other day what I have against the Kukkiwon. I guess somewhere on this blog I mention them not needing to be the spokes child of modern TKD. That question sidelined me, I guess because I just assume most kids don’t pay that close attention to the details, but I tried to answer it as best I could.
I don’t hate the Kukkiwon. I think it has its place, unfortunately as we stand, I think the place they have should yield to other voices. That is not going to happen I understand, but I am kinda from a rouge TKD upbringing, or a Ronin view if you will. It is way to political and way to influential to ever change and to change it is not my mission. My mission, as I have stated before, is to reveal the legitimate martial art with in TKD. I don’t care much for the sport, I think it looks dumb, but they had to do what they felt was necessary for TKD to expand. Truthfully though all they truly expanded were their wallets and the reputation of a silly martial art.

Chew on this:

Excerpt from: The Modern History of TaeKwonDo, by Won Sik Kang and Kyong Myong Lee

NOTE* if you have a copy of this book and would like to sale it, contact me.

The nomination of Sabums

After I received the position of 2nd Kwan Jang of the Chung Do Kwan, I nominated Min Wook Sik, Hyun Jong Myun, and Uhm Woon Kyu as Sabums. Later, I nominated Nam Tae Hi as a Sabum and Uhm Woon Kyu as a Standing or Permanent Sabum (Sang Im Sabum). However Hyun Jong Myun, Uhm Woon Kyu and Nam Tae Hi acted as if they were at war against me and frequently contacted with people who ran away to Japan. Who can nominate a Kwan Jang in a private dojang except the legal person with the authority? I myself am willing to give up my position as the Kwan Jang, if I see a promising and capable person who can be the next successor, but I am still looking for that person. There is no excuse for the actions of Uhm Woon Kyu, when he was sent by me to teach
Taekwondo at the Korea Military Academy, Sung Kyun Kwan University and Seoul National University. He should have known better as an educated person. But I feel very sorry for those who received just a notice statement (Ji Ryung Jung) and not a nomination certificate (Im Myung Jung) from him. If he thought about all the other Taekwondo schools and the Chung Do Kwan's future, he would not do such a betrayal. I want the wise citizens of Korea to judge this matter. When I found out about these matters, I expelled them from the membership on behalf of my name. All the more, the Chung Do Kwan will unite ever more and practice rigorously for tournaments in the future, so please do not be disturbed by this whole action.

1. Expelled members: Hyun Jong Myun - Uhm Woon Kyu - Nam Tae Hi
2. Cancellation of Honorary 4th Dan certificate and Honorary Kwan Jang position: Choi Hong Hi


Ok so Uhm Woon Kyu was expelled, but who is he? Uhm Woon Kyu is the president of the Kukkiwon, successor of Kim Un Yong. Who is that you might ask? Well he is another upstanding guy. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/03/18/sports/olympics-suspended-ioc-official-is-asking-for-receipts.html?ref=kim_un_yong

I’m not judging I’m just saying. The race for letting the whole world know about TKD is over, the world has long known, now it’s time to actually teach them what it is. It’s TaeKwon-Do, extra emphasis on the “DO”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kick above the belt.